Herefordshire Cricket Ltd

Our challenge at Herefordshire Cricket is to help manage, support and develop the sport we love, at all recreational levels in our county, for everyone who enjoys being involved in what is one of the world’s most popular and inclusive games.

Cricket is our passion. Together with our own ECB-Qualified coaches, we are dedicated to promoting the ECB’s national strategies and inspiring our local clubs, schools, communities and players to participate in the game, regardless of age, background, gender or ability.

We encourage close partnership with other Herefordshire clubs to deliver a full, year-round programme of cricketing courses and projects that will nurture the talents of a fit and active next generation.

For youngsters, we offer both boys and girls every opportunity – through a variety of gender-neutral initiatives such as Dynamos, All Stars Cricket and Chance to Shine - to not only enjoy the fun and skills of cricket, but to find pathways on to higher amateur levels and possibly on towards a professional career.

Beyond playing, we are also keen to encourage and recruit the unsung heroes – the umpires, officials, scorers and the countless volunteers who we are so indebted to, to keep the game running.

At our grassroots level, we also depend on the generous sponsorship of local businesses who recognise the value of being seen to support local sporting, community-based initiatives such as ours.

Why not come, pick up a bat or a ball and give cricket a go?

We look forward to welcoming you to the Herefordshire cricketing family.

Our Purpose:

Herefordshire Cricket must be recognised as the leading gender-neutral sport across the whole County, offering opportunities for inclusive participation for any level of ability through work with Clubs, Schools and Community Bodies

Herefordshire Cricket is the local governing body for the game. Together our team of professional officers and volunteers strive to lead cricket locally. Herefordshire Cricket and it's various partner groups cover the broadest spectrum of cricketing activity including:

Schools Cricket

Herefordshire Cricket aim to provide opportunities for school children to enjoy the many health and social benefits that cricket promotes. This is mainly achieved by the delivery of high quality coaching and upskilling of teachers through the Cricket Foundation Chance to Shine programme. Herefordshire Cricket also provide these children with opportunities to compete within hard and softball competitions. By providing quality entry routes to the game Herefordshire Cricket aim to encourage children to start their cricketing voyage by becoming members of their local cricket clubs.

Club Development

Herefordshire Cricket aim to support all affiliated clubs by offering a number of packages which cater to their needs. This will be  prioritised through clubs who attend our Club Support Group meetings and the Marches League.

Workforce

The workforce of cricket within Herefordshire includes coaches, umpires, scorers, groundsmen, volunteers and administrators of many of our clubs and partner groups. We aim to deliver high quality courses which cater for the demands of the workforce aiming to provide opportunities to upskill in order to best serve the cricketers of Herefordshire.

HCL Staff 

Richard Cox - General Manager – Operations - richardcox@herefordshirecricketltd.co.uk

Part time 30 hours pw ( across 7 days)

Leads all activity and is the key link between the Board, ECB and other partners. Overall responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the Board including governance and the line management of staff as well as the wider growth of the game and the delivery of all programmes in Herefordshire.

 

Richard Skyrme - Cricket Development Officer (Clubs and Performance) - richardskyrme@herefordshirecricketltd.co.uk  Tel no: 07980 290342

Full time 37 hours pw

Responsible for club liaison and development, including national programmes and coach development. (60%) Manages the boys performance programmes and the National Counties teams.(40%)

 

Pete Gale - Cricket Development Officer (Youth/Community Cricket (incl Schools) and Female Cricket)- petegale@herefordshirecricketltd.co.uk 

Tel no: 07359 027728   Full time 37 hours pw

Responsible for the development of Women & Girls cricket including Performance teams.(40%) Plans supports and delivers schools coaching (incl Chance to Shine, Champion Schools ), festivals and tournaments. Oversees Community and Disability Cricket. (60%)

 

Kirsty Sockett - Cricket Operations & Finance Officer - kirstysockett@herefordshirecricketltd.co.uk

Tel no: 07974 777523  Full time 37 hours pw Oct-March and Part time 30 hours pw April-Sept

Manages Finances and Board Planning on a day-to-day basis, including reporting. Coordinates and administers specific cricket operations including Marketing, Commercial and Policy matters.

Claire Langford  - Cricket Administration & Safeguarding Officer clairelangford@herefordshirecricketltd.co.uk

Tel no: 07855 404406   Part time 22.5 hours pw

Leads Safeguarding operations as nominated officer. Carries out general administration and clerical duties re County Age Group and Club Junior Cricket

HCL Board

Dave Phillips - Chair, Secretary and Finance Director

Richard Prime - Communications Director

Roy Wargen -  Grounds Director

James Sandford - Club Director

Gemma Davies - EDI, Women and Girls Director 

Nic Nenadich -  Schools Director

Sue Watkins - Women and Girls Director

Vacant - Pathway and Performance Director

Susanna McFarlane - Safeguarding Director

Vacant - Marketing, Communication and Sponsorship

Matt Slocombe - Marketing, Communication and Sponsorship


Latest News

Interim Change of Governance at Herefordshire Cricket
Interim Change of Governance at Herefordshire Cricket

Jim Sandford - Interim Chair

9 Feb 2024
Get Ready for Cricket
Get Ready for Cricket

Get Set Weekend - 23-24 March 2024 Register now!!

2 Feb 2024

Events

5

Oct

2023

Super 1s @Point 4 - weekly

5:00 PM

9

Jan

2024

Coach Development - St Marys High School

7:00 PM

30

Jan

2024

Coach Development at St Marys HS

7:00 PM

11

Feb

2024

Women's Indoor Cricket League - Whitecross HS.

10:00 AM

13

Feb

2024

Mixed Cricket Camp - St Marys HS

9:00 AM

16

Feb

2024

Girls only Cricket Camp - St Marys HS

9:00 AM

18

Feb

2024

Women's Indoor Cricket League - Whitecross HS

10:00 AM

25

Feb

2024

Women's Indoor Cricket League - Whitecross HS

10:00 AM

3

Mar

2024

Women's Indoor Cricket League - Whitecross HS

10:00 AM


Sponsors and Partners

ECB
Blackfinch Property
All stars and Dynamos
NV Play